Growing up there was nothing I loved more than Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes. I didn’t care what day it was or what meal it was, it was always a favorite treat of mine. Now that I’m (only a little) older, I don’t quite indulge in them as much as I used to and they tend to be a bit more of a production than I’m willing to undertake during the week but I love them just the same. This morning after an exhausting week, I decided to veganize and healthify my old favorite so that I can enjoy some banana chocolate chip vegan pancakes in bed with my tea! They came out absolutely delish and are super simple to make, I hope you enjoy and tag me in your pictures on instagram if you whip these babies up this weekend!
Banana Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes.
- 2 cups of Traders Joe's whole grain baking mix (you can use any brand though - just read the ingredients!)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tsps of coconut oil ( and some extra for the pan!)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 or 3 shakes of cinnamon
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/3 cup of Pascha Organic Vegan Allergen Free Chocolate Chips (or your fav brand of vegan chips!)
- 2 flax-eggs ( 2 tsps of flaxseed w 6 tsps of water whisked)
Whisk it all together in a bowl and heat a medium size frying pan on the stove with coconut oil in it for cooking. I decided to add a dollop of my cashew yogurt on top and garnish with more chocolate chips and bananas! Enjoy your banana chocolate vegan pancakes in bed with tea like me, or share with friends and loved ones if you're feeling generous.